For those of you who liked my “buy it, or make it?” post, I think you’ll like this blog that I just stumbled across.
My friend crafty friend, Cheryl, and I have been at it again! We had a brainstorm! This stepping stone can be made in a snap using Ready-mix concrete and a plastic flat used by nurseries to hold ground covers. You can even reuse the mold to make more than one!
- A groundcover nursery flat
- A dry cleaning bag
- A large leaf or leaves with thick veins
- Old or disposable gloves
- Large galvanized pan or plastic tub
- Lay down a tarp over your work surface. Lay your leaf or leaves upside down in a design onto the bottom of the flat.
- Cover the plastic flat and the decorations with one thin layer of the dry cleaning bag. This makes it easy to unmold. Leave the edges wide enough to fold up over the project.
- Mix your concrete in the tub with enough water to make the consistency…
View original post 161 more words